Sorry for the delay on this post. I had a family-filled weekend that kept me very busy. Last week we had our Theme 1 reading test on sequencing, inference, cause and effect, and comprehension. We also did our Topic 2 math test on rounding. We started Topic 3, which focuses on adding whole numbers with various strategies.
In science, we focused on our seed growers and finished observing their initial growth. We also looked into absorption and discussed their behaviors. In social studies, we talked about hemispheres and continued our discussion of continents. Our writing segment last week focused on cause and effect. We also wrote to our new pen pals in Colorado. The students are very excited to hear back from them in a few weeks!
Here's what's coming up this week:
- Continue studying Topic 3 in math
- Start our first Novel called Chalk Box
- Keep following the growth of our seeds
- Learn more map and direction skills for social studies
- Finish cause and effect writing unit
- Picture day is on Tuesday, 9/25
- Half day on Thursday, 9/27