In math, we are still working on rounding, focusing on the tens, hundreds, and thousands units. In reading, we finished our first theme: skills inferences, cause and effect, and sequencing. The class did a great job with our writing exercise for the book, A Bad Case of the Stripes.
Here's what's coming up:
- We'll have a Math test on Tuesday
- On Wednesday, right after school, we'll have a 15 minute Math tutorial for parents to introduce our new homework program
- For reading, we'll have our Theme 1 test and we'll be starting our first novel chalk box
- In writing we'll work on narrative writing and will have our first formal writing assessment
- We'll keep working with seeds for science
- For social studies, we'll be discussing the compass rose
- Don't forget: book orders are due Sunday by Midnight
See you on Monday!