In social studies, we continued our exploration of maps and indexing. We did an exciting sidewalk chalk city development exercise out on the blacktop that the students really got in to. Our math studies were from Unit 4 on subtraction and in science, we continued to chart our bean growth.
The field trip to see Sleeping Beauty was a lot of fun for everyone. It was also great to see so many of our students participating in the Cardboard Challenge. What a creative bunch of children!
Here's what's coming up this week:
- Look out for an email with the permission slip for our next field trip
- Reading: We'll be trying to finish reading The Chalk Box Kid this week
- Math: We'll continue on with Unit 4 and some tricky subtraction problems. Be sure to look out for some problems your students may be struggling with
- Science: We'll continue our bean growth study and start our field reports in preparation for our Jasper Ridge field trip
- Social Studies: We are going to start researching Columbus as well as wrapping up our map unit