This week we continued reading our Martin Luther King Jr. book and worked on some interesting vocabulary. We also started doing literature circle work.
In writing we started working on narrative introductions. We discussed the difference between expository and narrative writing. Our expository writing focused on transitions.
For math this week the class did very well on their fractions test. We started our next unit, which is adding and subtracting fractions. Please continue to practice simplifying fractions at home.
In science this week we had our living science lesson on seed disbursement. We also worked on the transfer of energy. The students participated in a number of activities to help them visualize and actualize the transfer of energy.
Social studies this week revolved around Martin Luther King Jr. and other heroes. We even did some service projects around Oak to honor Martin Luther King Day.
Here's what's coming up next week:
- No school for students on Monday and Tuesday!
- Reading: continue Martin Luther King, skill of summarization.
- Writing: compose group narratives.
- Math: adding and subtracting fractions.
- Science: review energy sources and transfer. Quiz on Friday.
- Social Studies: Time Magazine - cheetah protection.
- We will not have a spelling test next week.
See you on Wednesday!